The Reebok Nano X4 Takes a Leap Forward with Key Improvements
The arrival of the Reebok Nano X4, the 14th version of the Nano series, sparked excitement, especially knowing that even-numbered releases typically bring improvements over their odd-numbered predecessors. The X4 lives up to this expectation by refining the best features of the Nano X3 and presenting them in a lighter, more breathable package. In recent years, there has been a trend of overbuilding cross-trainers, resulting in shoes that are too rigid, heavy, and clunky. The Nano X4, however, strikes a balance, offering a comfortable middle ground that addresses the drawbacks of its predecessors. It's a breath of fresh air in the world of cross-training shoes. What really stood out to me right off the bat was how comfortable these shoes are.
- Still includes the Lift and Run (L.A.R) Chassis System that provides stability for lifting and softens for running.
- Rubber outsole provides excellent grip making you feel well-connected to various surfaces.
- 7mm drop feels more like a 4mm shoe, offering a balanced and stable feel during lifts.
- Great for heavy lifting, jumping, and lateral movements, making it truly versatile.
- Flexweave Knit upper adapts to foot shape and provides a snug fit.
- Midfoot Ventilation Panel enhances breathability, preventing overheating during workouts.
- Streamlined design devoid of excess plastic makes the Nano X4 lighter and more agile.
- Faster break-in time compared to Nano X3, offering a seamless fit after just a few workout sessions.
- Well-rounded training shoe suitable for strength work and various cardio.
- Good option for short runs, back-and-forth shuttle runs and sprints.
- If you're more of a minimalist shoe type, the Nano X4 might be too bulky.
- May not be ideal for those preferring wider shoes. The X4 has a pretty standard width.
- Not recommended for runs longer than 2 miles.
Sizing and Fit
- Runs slightly smaller than the Nano X3 but would still recommend most people stick with their true size.
- Slightly wide toe box with a bit of arch support.
Style and Aesthetics
Sleek design makes the Nano X4 appealing beyond the gym, breaking the trend of strictly gym-focused wear.
My Favorite Feature
When I consider all there is to like about Nano X4, what stands out to me the most is the Flexweave Knit upper material and how it conforms to your feet so quickly. I'm now 5+ workouts in on this shoe and they fit just right - snug but not too tight, lightweight, and breathable.
The Reebok Nano X4 truly lives up to its promise of being a comfortable, breathable, and high-performing training shoe. Whether you're a seasoned athlete or just starting your fitness journey, the Nano X4 stands out as a versatile all-in-one trainer that competes admirably with other top-performing cross trainers. With the Nano X4, you'll feel confident and ready to tackle any workout that comes your way.