It was only a matter of time before Nike decided to jump into the the sport of fitness market. The all new Nike Metcon TR will be Nike's first shoe designed specifically for crossfitters. With a launch scheduled for February 2015, the world's most powerful and recognizable sports brand will almost certainly cement their place and success in the world of crossfit.
Nike has taken a tactical approach in their efforts to enter a crossfit market that is currently dominated by Reebok. By signing some well known elite level crossfitters like Josh Bridges and by being very tight lipped, Nike has created some serious buzz and interest surrounding their new shoe. Ever since word got out this summer, crossfitters worldwide have been salivating for more news about this new shoe from Nike.
Here are our initial thoughts on the Nike Metcon TR based on what we've seen:
- Very similar design to the original Reebok CrossFit Nano U-Form.
- It appears to have some level of protection built into the sole to protect the shoe during rope climbs.
- Lightweight, thin, and breathable upper.
- Some level of traction in the outsole but nothing too aggressive.
- Fairly low profile (possibly a 3mm or 4mm drop).
Be sure to stay up to date with Box Basics for the latest information regarding the Nike Metson TR; and mark your calender for February 2015 when the Nike Metcon TR will be available for purchase on Box Basics.