Tequila is more than just the start of a good party, it's derived from a unique and versatile plant and has multiple uses and benefits. Here are 10 reasons (like you really need 10 reasons) to enjoy a little more tequila in your life!
1) There are five types of tequila to choose from: Blanco, Joven, Reposado, Añejo, and Extra Añejo.
2) Over 50 million liters of tequila are consumed every year in America.
3) Studies have shown that if consumed in moderation, tequila can cut the risk of dementia by 37%.
4) It also has a component that can help lower LDL levels, aka bad cholesterol.
5) Unlike other forms of alcohol, tequila is not a depressant.
6) If you’re scared of the worm, don’t be! They’re found in mezcal, not tequila.
7) Some tequila is aged in barrels. Depending on the tequila it can take up to 30 years to reach the perfect drinking age.
8) If you’re a fan of the elegant lifestyle, scientists have recently found a way to turn tequila into diamonds.
9) As with most alcohol, tequila can reduce the risk of developing diabetes by 30-40%.
10) The blue agave plant has components that can help stimulate the immune system and fight obesity.
And to send you off right here's how to make one of our favorite (and paleo) tequila drinks, the NorCal Margarita:Ingredients:
The new year is right around the corner, and with it comes the arrival of a brand new training shoe from one of the hottest and most trusted shoes companies on the planet: Adidas.
No stranger to the strength and conditioning game, Adidas has employed their over 30 years of experience in the weightlifting world to create a shoe specifically designed to meet and exceed the demands of functional fitness athletes.