Tequila is more than just the start of a good party, it's derived from a unique and versatile plant and has multiple uses and benefits. Here are 10 reasons (like you really need 10 reasons) to enjoy a little more tequila in your life!
1) There are five types of tequila to choose from: Blanco, Joven, Reposado, Añejo, and Extra Añejo.
2) Over 50 million liters of tequila are consumed every year in America.
3) Studies have shown that if consumed in moderation, tequila can cut the risk of dementia by 37%.
4) It also has a component that can help lower LDL levels, aka bad cholesterol.
5) Unlike other forms of alcohol, tequila is not a depressant.
6) If you’re scared of the worm, don’t be! They’re found in mezcal, not tequila.
7) Some tequila is aged in barrels. Depending on the tequila it can take up to 30 years to reach the perfect drinking age.
8) If you’re a fan of the elegant lifestyle, scientists have recently found a way to turn tequila into diamonds.
9) As with most alcohol, tequila can reduce the risk of developing diabetes by 30-40%.
10) The blue agave plant has components that can help stimulate the immune system and fight obesity.
And to send you off right here's how to make one of our favorite (and paleo) tequila drinks, the NorCal Margarita:Ingredients:
If you haven't heard through the CrossFit grapevine, Reebok has just released a remodeled version of the Nano 7.0 called the Nano Weave. After taking the feedback they were receiving from athletes about the shortcomings of the Nano 7.0, Reebok made a drastic move to remodel their flagship CrossFit shoe mid season.