Labor Day and good food have always gone hand in hand. We've put together a Paleo menu pulled from our favorite Paleo gurus for you and your family to enjoy this Labor Day. Just good healthy food that won't have you dying in the gym the day after!
SPARKLING WATERMELON COOLER: By Holistically Engineered
- 8 oz cold watermelon, cut into 1" pieces
- Juice of half of lemon
- Sweetener to taste
- Ice cubes
- Seltzer water (cold)
- Add the watermelon, lemon juice, and sweetener to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide the watermelon mixture evenly into two 16 oz glasses and fill the rest of the glass with a couple of ice cubes (optional) and seltzer water.
- You could also add 1 oz of rum for an adult beverage
Bacon Deviled Eggs: By Civilized Caveman
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 large avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons bacon fat, liquefied
- 1-2 tablespoons franks red hot sauce (sub any hot sauce or amount for your taste)
- 3 strips bacon, cooked crispy and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Paprika to garnish
- Cook eggs until they are hard boiled.
- Once your eggs are cooled, evenly cut them in half the long way and using a spoon gently remove the yolks to a large mixing bowl.
- Set your eggs aside on a plate.
- Add your diced avocado, bacon fat, franks red hot sauce, about 2/3's of your bacon and sea salt to the egg yolks in the bowl.
- Mix well by hand or use a hand mixer.
- Once well blended, using a spoon, gently fill your eggs with your egg yolk avocado mixture.
- Move to a serving plate and sprinkle with the remainder of your bacon bits and garnish with paprika.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve and enjoy.
Grilled Peach Burgers with Balsamic Reduction Sauce: By Grass Fed Kitchen
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 peaches
- 1 ½ cups balsamic vinegar
- Pour vinegar into a small pot over low heat and let simmer, stirring every few minutes until it reaches your desired thickness (about 35-40 minutes). *Keep in mind that the reduction will also slightly thicken as it cools.
- While the vinegar is cooking, core your peaches and slice them into rounds for the grill. I find it is easiest to cut in half horizontally and treat it like an avocado (twist the two halves apart and twist out the nut inside), then slice. Mix ground cardamom well into ground beef and form four evenly sized patties.
- Grill peaches over high heat for about a minute on each side (or until you have visible grill marks). Grill burgers to your liking.
- Top each burger with 2-3 peach slices and drizzle some balsamic reduction on top, serve hot and enjoy!