Dating is always an interesting scene that can present different challenges for many people. Being a member of the crossfit community has made dating a much easier and less complex experience. As a crossfitter you're automatically a part of a close knit group of beautiful people who from day 1 you share a whole range of emotions and personal success and failures with. Along with this camaraderie comes the whole slew of shared interests and outlook on life. Oh and did I mention beautiful people? Crossfit blogger Pam Rehal shares her top reasons why you need to be dating a crossfit girl.
- Crossfit girls are seriously fit. Y'all complain that girls don't spend enough time in the gym/harass you for spending too much time in the gym. A crossfit girl not only spends copious amounts of time working out, but also will only date a guy that does the same. We can't be running around with guys who don't work out. Obviously.
- Dedication. If you are REALLY into crossfit you know it takes true dedication to become the beast that you want to be in the gym. This also usually means she puts dedication into all other parts of her life and maybe even into you... if you are lucky.
- Crossfit girls are (for the most part) "guy's girls." We can throw significant amount of weight around at the gym, be showered and out the door in 20 minutes, hang to drink a beer, and watch the game with your friends. It's that easy.
- Independence. Realistically, a crossfit girl couldn't care less whether she is single or not because she would rather be spending her extra time in the gym anyway. That being said, she doesn't NEED you in her life, but if you are lucky enough to be in her life it's because she WANTS you there. Just don't try to cut into her gym time because that will definitely not fly.
- Competitive nature. To do crossfit you have to be competitive not only with other people, but with yourself. This personality trait leads to all sorts of fun if you ask me... who wants a girl that when you dare her to do something just sits there and flakes out? BORING.
- Crossfit girls are more brazen. We aren't scared to try new things, we are comfortable with who we are, we like adventure and we know we are bad asses. We will take you up on that bet and we don't care about impressing other people. We are who we are, take it or leave it.
- One word: Paleo. Pretty much all crossfit girls do Paleo to some degree -- 100 percent, 80 percent, 75 percent, whatever that ratio may be -- rest assured that not only does she have a smoking hot body because she eats healthy and works out so much, but she also knows how to cook. A girl who can cook = winning.
- Personality. To do crossfit you have to possess certain personality traits -- it's definitely not for the closed minded or weak spirited. A crossfit girl will keep you on your toes. She has to be able to hang with the guys so she will more than likely be witty, sharp tongued, and love practical jokes. This, in my mind, is the crossfit girl's best feature. Girls that have no personalities are like talking to a piece of paper -- you are better off buying a pet fish and talking to that.
- Crossfit girls wear tiny outfits to the gym and will show up to hang out scantily clad in gym clothes and think nothing of it. She will walk in to watch the game after a good mobility session and when your friends all stare at her she'll think she must clearly have something stuck in her teeth -- her laid back, nonchalant, one of the guys attitude makes her oblivious to the fact that they are actually staring at her for any reason other than the fact that something is amiss.
- OK, I am going to go there on #10: Physical fitness may lead to better sex. So if the first nine reasons why you should be dating a crossfit girl weren't enough... this should really drive it home for you. Pun intended.
About the Author:
Pam Rehal is a Paleo eating, CrossFit addicted, adrenaline junkie from Boston Massachusetts that spends the majority of her free time at the gym or blogging. Pam served in the United States Army in the Military Police Corps and did one tour of duty in Iraq. When not at the gym, she can be found going on adventures with her dog Sydney or being the life of the party at a local bar with her friends. You can follow her at her blog: pamspaleoblog.wordpress.com.