Thanksgiving is just days away and you're still trying to figure out how to "paleoize" your spread. Well it's your lucky day because the paleo pros at Paleo Leap have perfected a simple yet tasty recipe for paleo stuffing. After whipping up this delicious Thanksgiving staple you'll have more friends and no leftovers!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp cooking fat
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Generous amount of poultry mix or springs of fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, and marjoram, very finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large pan, sauté to ground beef and celery with the cooking fat for about 3 minutes. Make sure to crumble the ground beef to small pieces.
- Add the diced apple and onion and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs or poultry mix, minced garlic, walnuts and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. The meat should still be somewhat pink, it’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.